Just like with any other cosmetic injection, after treatment you may have some tenderness or bruising surrounding the injection site. Although this is totally normal and no need for concern, there are some things you can do post-treatment to make your healing as easy and quick as possible.
All of these tips are recommended to begin immediately after your hand treatment:
- Feel free to apply cold compresses / ice packs to the injected areas immediately after treatment to help reduce swelling
- Try to avoid touching the treatment-area for 6-hours after your treatment. (The area will be temporarily numb, and you do not want to accidentally injure your skin while the area is numbed. You are welcome to wash your hands and proceed with your usual activities, just avoid heavy-massage or prodding of the area.)
- Please avoid exposing the treatment-areas to intense heat or sun until there is no redness or swelling.
- Aviod taking Aspiring, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, and high doses of Vitamin E for 1-week after treatment. (These things may increase bruising at the treatment site.)
- After receiving your hand-treatment, try to avoid strenuous use of your hands for the first 48-hours (this may increase the risk of delayed onset adverse events.)
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to help maintain and preserve the skin.