The Rejuvenize Peel is a professional grade, deep chemical peel that aggressively treats sun damage, melasma, acne scarring and fine wrinkles in as little as just one application.
The Rejuvenize Peel by SkinMedica penetrates deep into the surface layers of the skin, and begins working almost instantly to deliver even, radical exfoliation and expose fresher, more beautiful looking skin. It is specially formulated to provide the most dramatic results possible while maintaining minimal downtime and discomfort.
If you?ve been unable to remedy the appearance of fine wrinkles, minor blemishes, rough, sun damaged skin or acne scars with your regular over the counter skin care products, and don’t have time for “downtime”, then a Rejuvenize Peel treatment may be perfect for you!
Incorporating a Rejuvenize Peel into your skin care regimen every eight weeks or few months can be an excellent way to maintain soft, smooth, beautiful and healthy looking skin. While milder peels are available for less pronounced blemishes or fine lines, the Rejuvenize Peel is the best solution for more developed lines, sun damage, acne scarring or other blemishes.
If you?re looking for a fast acting, powerful chemical peel and don?t have the time/energy for a significant recovery period, then the Rejuvenize Peel may be just what you?re looking for!
How does it work?
The Rejuvenize peel permeates deep into the topmost layers of your skin. It thoroughly dries and agitates the visible layer of skin, causing it to flake away to reveal the younger, healthier and clearer skin below.
The Rejuvenize Peel is formulated to seep deep into the skin in order to affect the most possible layers of old, damaged skin cells. It delivers surprising results after just one peel without causing serious discomfort or requiring significant downtime.
Does the Rejuvenize Peel treatment hurt?
Application of the Rejuvenize Peel is normally associated with a mild tingling or prickling sensation. Many patients report increased sensitivity or a flushed, warm feeling similar to sunburn.
Unlike many chemical peels, the Rejuvenize Peel doesn?t require a neutralizing agent to stop the reaction that causes rough, sun damaged skin to peel away. This means that the Rejuvenize application process is safe and self-regulating, and its effects are always predictable.
For a great Rejuvenize Peel “diary” (chock full of peeling pictures) check-out this patient’s comprehensive experience.
* Please note that individual results may vary.
How long does the treatment take?
The initial application of the Rejuvenize Peel formula is normally done in a matter of minutes, and the entire treatment process takes roughly half-an-hour. Since the peel is self-neutralizing, the chemicals remain on your skin after treatment until you wash them off — which should take place 6-8 hours after application.
Visible peeling generally begins within about one to two days, and peaks around the third day. During the most obvious stages of peeling, makeup does little to mask the appearance of peeling, flaky skin.
While the most dramatic peeling occurs through the third and fourth day, some patients opt to stay at home until the peeling is no longer visible. This can take as long as five or six days from the day of treatment.
How long do the results last?
The Rejuvenize Peel is designed to deliver the most effective deep exfoliation available without necessitating a difficult ?down? or recovery time. Its freshening, beautifying effects are normally apparent after just one treatment, and often remain for several months or more.
- Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Resorcinol, Panthenol, Isoceteth-20, Retinoic Acid
How much do Rejuvenize Peels cost?
The cost of the peel from About Face Skin Care is $199 per peel. (The best results are achieved when these peels are done in a series. Packages are available.)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Immediately after treatment
*To achieve the full benefits of the Rejuvenize Peel, do not wash your face for at least 6-hours after your treatment.*
- Skin may feel tacky and have a yellow to orange tinge due to the retinol.? This is temporary and will fade in a few hours.
- The skin may feel very hot for a few hours after the treatment. (Over the next couple of days, it is normal for your skin to feel tight and slightly sunburned. If there is significant discomfort, please contact the office immediately at 215-923-5001.)
- ?It is possible to have mild to moderate swelling around the eyes
24-hours after the peel (and until peeling is complete):
- Skin may feel tight, hot, and itchy.
- Peeling will generally start 48 to 72 hours after the procedure and can last 2 to 5 days.
- DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN.? Allow skin to peel at its own pace.? (Premature peeling of the skin will result in dry, cracked, raw skin that may develop into post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or scarring.)
If your face feels really hot?
- Apply an ice-pack directly on the skin.
- Apply moisturizer as needed. (For extra soothing, you can leave your moisturizer in the refrigerator so that it feels extra cool when applied to the skin.)
- Use warm water to wash your face, with a gentle cleanser (such as Cetaphil or our Enriched Face Wash) twice a day.
- Cleanse: Use a gentle cleanser.?(Remember, while your skin is peeling, do not scrub, use any exfoliating products, or rub vigorously with a washcloth.)
- Moisturize: Apply Moisturizer as often as needed to relieve dryness, tightness and itching, while also assisting in controlled peeling.
- Protect: Apply sunscreen throughout the day and avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 week.
What to avoid?
- Please avoid strenuous exercise the day of the procedure and until your skin has stopped peeling.
- Please avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 week ? please use sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
- Please avoid the following products/procedures until your skin has completely stopped peeling:
- Retin-A, retinol, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) products or bleaching creams
- Facials, facial hair removal, microdermabrasion, and laster treatments
Keep up your skin care regimen!?
Maximum benefits are seen with a series of 3 or more peels. Remember: results are cumulative.
- Schedule Vitalize Peels every 3 to 4 weeks or Rejuvenize Peels every 4 to 6 weeks until desired results are achieved.