Yes, when applied by professionals like those at About Face Aesthetics, chemical peels are very good for your skin! We can fade your skin concerns safely and effectively with our medical-grade chemical peel options.
Chemical Peels in Philadelphia
Peeling Away Dull Skin
Chemical Peels at a Glance:
30 - 45 Minutes
Number of Sessions:
2 - 6
Varies by Depth of Peel
Where it Treats:
Face, Hands, Neck, & Chest
Chemical Peel Services
Get rejuvenated skin with medical-grade chemical peels
When you look in the mirror, are you dissatisfied with your skin? Whether it’s fine lines, hyperpigmentation, texture, or something you can’t quite pinpoint—chemical peels have been a much-loved option for improving the look and feel of skin for more than 100 years!
About Face Aesthetics offers the Philly community a variety of chemical peels to suit any lifestyle or skin concern.
About Chemical Peels
What It Treats
Dry, Dull Skin
Chemical Peels About Face
Bringing You Results
How chemical peels work
While all chemical peels include different ingredients to accomplish different specialized tasks, the general idea of a chemical peel is to exfoliate your skin and remove the damaged top layer.
Concentrated ingredients like salicylic acid, lactic acid, retinoic acid, trichloroacetic acid (TCA), and Vitamin C penetrate your skin’s top layer where they can go to work drying out and agitating your outer layer of skin.
This causes the “peeling” or flaking associated with chemical peels, and it’s what reveals the younger and rejuvenated skin beneath.
Your Treatment Options
Chemical peels we offer
SkinMedica Illuminize Peel
The SkinMedica Illuminize Peel delivers an instant glow with no downtime and is suitable for all skin types. Illuminize improves skin tone and texture and requires no downtime.
SkinMedica Vitalize Peel
The most popular SkinMedica peel, Vitalize smooths texture and effectively fades signs of aging, sun damage, and acne, all while stimulating your collagen for ongoing improvement.
Skinmedica Rejuvenize Peel
Rejuvenize is the strongest SkinMedica peel and offers significant skin correction. You’ll enjoy tighter, younger, clearer skin after just one treatment, with a series of treatments reducing sun damage, melasma, and acne scarring.
SkinCeuticals Pigment Balancing Peel
The Pigment Balacing peel is for those whose main concern involves pigmentation like freckles, acne scars, brown spots, and sun damage. This peel is great for darker skin tones because it targets hyperpigmentation.
For immediate hydration, exfoliation, and brightening results without downtime, think MicroPeel. We can improve the appearance of fine lines, pigmentation, and pore size while infusing your skin with nourishment.
Perfect Peel is an effective medium-depth peel that’s safe for all skin types and tones. Nearly painless and with very little downtime, patients love Perfect Peel’s ability to fight acne scarring, melasma, texture and more.
About Face Skin care
Philly’s Premier Med Spa Destination
For a med spa that you can feel confident trusting, About Face Aesthetics is the best in the Philadelphia area, serving Main Line, Delaware County, and surrounding suburbs for more than a decade.
We offer a wide variety of laser treatments, microneedling, chemical peels, facials, acne options, and cosmetic injections with personalized care others cannot match.
Our happy clients
Helpful, informative consultation with knowledgeable and friendly staff. It’s one thing to receive treatment and advice but what sets your team apart is the CARE provided.
- Clara M.
Beth Hayward is the best provider I’ve ever had for aesthetics. She listens to what I want and explains what she recommends in a clear manner!
- Colleen S.
Raelle was so nice and knowledgeable, she answered all of my questions and didn’t make me feel rushed at all! She’s the best!
- Alexandra T.
The injections were painless and I didn’t have any bruising, migrating, or any other adverse reactions. The results were visible a couple of days later — and they are impressive!
- Kathryn Wheeler
- Kathryn Wheeler
Chemical Peel FAQs
A chemical peel can be good for a huge variety of skin imperfections. Some of the common complaints we treat with chemical peels include dry skin, poor tone and texture, acne, acne scarring, and so much more.
When it comes to how long the results of your chemical peel last, you’re the master of your own destiny. Your at-home habits are the most important factors in optimizing and extending your chemical peel results.
Yes, a lot of our patients see great results after just one peel! Several of our peel options deliver an immediate glow, while others take only one peel to flake off the dull, dead skin and reveal the fresh surface below.
About Face Aesthetics offers a variety of chemical peel services, each with its own varying strengths and purposes.
Skinmedica Illuminize Peel
- The Illuminize Peel delivers an instant glow with no downtime.
- This chemical peel service is suitable for all skin types.
- Those with a wide range of skin imperfections will notice a visible improvement.
- Great for skin that is dry, congested, dull, discolored, acne prone, aging, etc.
- Enhance your skin’s glow and radiance
- Improves skin tone and texture.
- Recommended for first-time chemical peel patients, or those looking for immediate results with no downtime.
Skinmedica Vitalize Peel
- The Vitalize Peel is the most popular SkinMedica peel.
- Smooth your skin’s texture and enjoy a glow.
- For anti-aging, Melasma, sun damaged, and acne-prone skin.
- Made of a proprietary blend of ingredients to help rejuvenate the skin.
- Visible improvements are achieved after one treatment; however, the best results are attained after a series of treatments.
- The Vitalize Peel combines resorcinol, lactic, salicylic, and retinoic acid (at the provider’s discretion)
- Provides dramatic improvement in texture and tone.
- The renewal process stimulates a 55% increase in collagen production.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Minimal downtime. (There may be 2 to 3 days of flaking.)
Skinmedica Rejuvenize Peel
- Strongest Skin Medica peel
- Provides deep rejuvenation and significant skin correction.
- Tighter, younger, clearer skin will be noticeable after one chemical peel service.
- The best results are usually achieved after a series of 3 to 6 treatments.
- The Rejuvenize Peel is an effective treatment for those with sun damage, Melasma, pigment changes, and acne scarring.
- Multiple layers of damaged skin peel away with each application.
- With anti-irritant properties, there is a reduction of skin irritation typically associated with other peels.
- Despite the strength of this peel, it is well tolerated with minimal downtime. (There may be up to 4 to 5 days of flaking.)
SkinCeuticals Pigment Balancing Peel
- SkinCeuticals one-step pigment balancing peel can all erase freckles, acne scars, brown spots, and sun damage.
- Especially wonderful for darker skin tones, the ingredients in this treatment are designed to target hyper-pigmentation.
- Promotes accelerated skin renewal.
- Results are visible after the first treatment, with optimal results achieved after 4-6 treatments. (Individual results may vary.)
- The Perfect Derma™ Peel is safe, effective medium-depth chemical peel service for All Skin Types & Ethnicities.
- This product is almost painless, with no pre-peel skin preparation and little downtime.
- The Perfect Derma™ Peel is the only peel with the powerful antioxidant Glutathione, which lightens and brightens the skin, while slowing the aging process and preventing wrinkles.
- Improve the overall clarity, tone, and texture of the skin.
- Reduce or eliminate hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and Melasma
- Improves acne and reduces acne-related scarring.
- Stimulate the production of collagen, resulting in firmer, more youthful skin.
- Reduce the appearance of pore size.
- Powerful ingredients include TCA, Kojic Acid, Retinoic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vitamin C, and antioxidant Glutathione.
- This enhanced chemical peel service offers immediate hydration, exfoliation, and brightening results with zero downtime.
- Includes glycolic acid for gentle, effective exfoliation.
- Includes lactic acid for hydrating and giving a “red carpet glow.”
- Includes phytic acid for additional brightening, with antioxidant properties to fight free radical damage—ideal for reducing the appearance of pores and blemishes.
- These peels are wonderful for improving the appearance of epidermal lines, pigmentation, and pore size.
- Safe for women who are pregnant / breast-feeding with your OB/GYN’s approval.
Following our pre-care and post-care advice will help ensure successful results from your chemical peel!
What to Do
- Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30
- Use a gentle facial cleanser
- Use moisturizer as often as needed to relieve dryness, tightness, and itching
- Apply sunscreen throughout the day—once in the morning is not enough to protect you!
What to Avoid
- Exposing yourself to direct sunlight for 1 week
- Using Retin-A, retinol, alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), or bleaching creams
- Facials, facial hair removal, microdermabrasion, and laser treatments
- Scrubbing your skin with exfoliating products or washcloths