Chemical peels are a quick way to improve the skin’s appearance by reducing presence of fine lines, wrinkles and blemishes.
By removing superficial layers of skin — smoother, clearer, younger-looking skin can shine through. Available in a wide variety of strengths and formulas, chemical peels can be superficial, mild, medium-depth, or deep, and can address acne, acne scarring, melasma, aging skin, sun damage, in addition to a laundry list of other skin imperfections.
* Please note that individual results may vary.
About Face Skin Care offers a variety of different Chemical Peels, each with their own varying strengths and purposes:
1. SKINMEDICA ILLUMINIZE PEEL
- Dubbed the “Red Carpet Peel,” the Illuminize Peel delivers an instant glow, with no downtime.
- This multi-acid, multi-enzyme peeling solution is suitable for all skin types.
- Those with a wide range of skin imperfections will notice a visible improvement.
- Great for skin that is dry, congested, dull, discolored, Acne prone, aging, etc.
- Enhance your skin’s glow and radiance
- Improves skin’s tone and texture.
- Recommended for first-time chemical peel patients, or those looking for immediate results with no downtime.
- Each treatment of the Illuminize Peel earns you 25 Brilliant Distinction points!
2. SKINMEDICA VITALIZE PEEL
- The Vitalize Peel is the most popular SkinMedica peel.
- Smoothe your skin’s texture and enjoy a glow.
- For anti-aging, melasma, sun damaged, and acne-prone skin.
- Made of a proprietary blend of ingredients to help rejuvenate the skin.
- Visible improvement are achieved after one treatment, however best results attained after a series of treatments.
- The Vitalize Peel combines resorcinol, lactic, salicylic, and retinoic acid (at provider’s discretion)
- Provides dramatic improvement in texture and tone.
- The renewal process stimulates a 55% increase in collagen production.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Minimal downtime. (There may be 2 to 3 days of flaking.)
- Each treatment of the Vitalize Peel earns you 50 Brilliant Distinction points!
3. SKINMEDICA REJUVENIZE PEEL
- Strongest Skin Medica peel
- Provides deep rejuvenation and significant skin correction.
- Tighter, younger, clearer skin will be noticeable after one treatment.
- Best results are usually achieved after a series of 3 to 6 treatments.
- The Rejuvenize Peel is an effective treatment for those with sun damage, melasma, pigment changes and acne scarring.
- Multiple layers of damaged skin peel away with each application
- Formulated with a built-in anti-irritant and penetration-enhancer, there is a reduction of skin irritation usually associated with stronger chemical peels.
- Despite the strength of this peel, it is well tolerated with minimal downtime. (There may be up to 4 to 5 days of flaking.)
- Each treatment of the Rejuvenize Peel earns you 100 Brilliant Distinction points!
- *For more information about the Rejuvenize Peel, including after care instructions, click here.
4. SkinCeuticals Pigment Balancing Peel
- Freckles, acne scars, brown spots and sun damage can all be erased with SkinCeuticals one-step Pigment Balancing Peel.
- Especially wonderful for darker skin tones, the ingredients in this treatment are designed to target hyper-pigmentation.
- Promotes accelerated skin renewal.
- Results are visible after first treatment, with optimal results achieved after 4-6 treatments. (Individual results may vary.)
5. Perfect Peel
- The Perfect Derma™ Peel is safe, effective medium depth peel for All Skin Types & Ethnicities.
- This product is virtually painless, with no pre-peel skin preparation and little downtime.
- The Perfect Derma™ Peel is the only peel that includes the powerful anti-oxidant Glutathione, which lightens and brightens the skin, while slowing down the aging process and helping to prevent wrinkles.
- Improve the overall clarity, tone and texture of the skin
- Reduce or eliminate hyperpigmentation, sun damage and Melasma
- Improve acneic skin conditions and reduce acne scars
- Stimulate the production of collagen, resulting in firmer, more youthful skin
- Reduce the appearance of pore size
- Powerful ingredients include TCA, Kojic Acid, Retinoic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vitamin C and anti oxidant Glutathione.
- Enjoy your results within 1 week! Your provider can customize a treatment for every unique individual.
6. SkinCeuticals MicroPeel
- New and Improved! This enhanced formula is a professional, event-ready peel delivering immediate hydration, exfoliation, and brightening results with zero downtime.
- Includes GLYCOLIC ACID, which is the gold standard AHA for gentle, effective exfoliation.
- Includes LACTIC ACID for hydrating and giving a “red carpet glow”. This acts as a humectant to bind water in the skin for an immediate increase in smoothness and hydration.?
- Includes PHYTIC ACID for additional brightening, with additional antioxidant properties to fight free radical damage. Ideal for problematic skin to reduce the appearance of pores and blemishes.
- These peels are wonderful for improving the appearance of epidermal lines, pigmentation, and pore size.
- Safe for pregnant / breast-feeding with your OB/GYN’s approval
Chemical peels work by removing the outermost layers of the skin. Removing the outermost layers of the skin can repair the damage done by age, sun exposure and skin conditions by allowing smooth, healthy new skin to grow.Chemical peels can lighten skin affected by hyperpigmentation or improve the appearance of wrinkles and scars. They’re also used to treat skin conditions like acne or remove pre-cancerous growths from the skin.
- Benefits of Chemical Peels
Chemical peels remove dead skin cells from the surface of your skin to allow lighter, brighter, newer skin to grow. Chemical peels have been used since ancient times to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Modern chemical peels don’t just make you look younger; they can also treat skin conditions like acne, melasma, and even precancerous growths.
- Skin Peels Can Make Your Skin Look Better
Many people get chemical peels for cosmetic reasons. Mild chemical peels remove a portion of the epidermis, or upper layer of the skin. They can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and improve skin texture.
- Skin Peels Protect Skin Health
Modern chemical peels aren’t just used for cosmetic purposes. Skin peels are used to treat a number of skin conditions ranging from acne to melanoma. Mild chemical peels are often used to treat acne, since they help to keep pores clean. For sun damage and hyperpigmentation problems like melasma, medium-depth peels are often more effective.
- Skin Peels Can Reverse Sun Damage
Many people get chemical peels to remove sun spots, age spots or other types of hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage. Mild and medium-depth chemical peels can remove sun spots, freckles and sun damage, or help the discoloration fade.
- Am I a good candidate for a chemical peel?
Chemical peels work best on those with mild to moderate skin damage from sun exposure, aging, lifestyle choices such as smoking, and/or acne. If you would like a brighter, smoother and fresher complexion, without surgery and little or no downtime, then you are an excellent candidate for a chemical peel.
- How does a chemical peel work?
A chemical peel involves the use of a chemical solution to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin by removing its damaged outer layers. Chemical peels increase cellular turnover which in turn refines the epidermis and treats environmentally damaged, acne prone, sensitive, dry and oily conditions.
- Is a chemical peel painful?
Most clients report a mild stinging or slight burning sensation that lasts for a very short amount of time, however, it really depends on the type of chemical used during the process.
- How many treatments do I need?
During your initial consultation, we will discuss your cosmetic goals. To this end, a skin care regimen will be designed to help you improve and maintain healthier looking skin at home. Typically, a series of three to six chemical peels spaced three to four weeks apart is adequate to achieve most cosmetic goals.
- Post Treatment:
After a chemical peel, it is common to experience some temporary flaking or scaling, redness and dryness of the skin. However, these conditions will disappear as the skin adjusts to treatment.
- Before You Get a Chemical Peel…
- Tell your treatment provider if you have any history of scarring or cold sores that keep coming back.
- Before you get a chemical peel, we may ask you to stop taking certain drugs and prepare your skin by using other medications, such as Retin-A, Renova, Aczone, or glycolic acid.
- Work with your treatment provider to determine the depth of your peel. (This decision depends upon the condition of your skin and your goals for treatment.)
- * Please note that individual results may vary.