Dysport Injection Services in Philadelphia, PA
Dysport is another type of injection used in our Philadelphia office that utilizes a modified strain of botulism to smooth away unwanted lines and wrinkles—without changing the look of your whole face. The untreated facial areas still work normally, so when our Dysport injection professionals have finished the procedure, you’ll experience a lessening of lines and wrinkles while still being able to easily show facial expressions.
Common Questions About Our Dysport Lip Injection Services in Philadelphia, PA
How Is Dysport Different Than Botox?
Dysport is the #1 competitor to Botox and works quite similar with only a few distinctions:
- Dysport is reported to have a quicker onset than Botox—two to three days versus up to 14 days.
- Dysport is reported to have a longer duration.
- Dysport provides a more expressive-looking result. While it still erases unwanted lines and wrinkles, Dysport results are more natural and relaxed looking, as opposed to the perfectly smooth, frozen result that Botox can achieve. Either look is purely up to your preference.
How Is Dysport Similar to Botox?
Dysport and Botox temporarily prevent targeted facial muscles from moving, thereby allowing the overlying skin to lie flat and taut.
At our Philadelphia office, Botox and Dysport injection services are priced exactly the same.
Is Dysport Safe?
Yes! Dysport lip injections and other treatments are currently being used in 57 countries for their skin-enhancing and wrinkle-erasing abilities. In the United States alone, more than 2,400 patients were studied for safety evaluations, and today over 350,000 men and women have been treated with Dysport.
How Does Dysport Work?
Dysport cosmetic injections work by temporarily blocking the signals between muscle and nerve. When muscle movement in the forehead is prevented, the skin on top is able to lie smooth and wrinkle-free.
How Often Can I Get Dysport Treatments?
You should not be treated with Dysport lip injections and other procedures more frequently than every 90-days.
An Overview of Our Dysport Facial Injections Services in Philadelphia, PA
If you’ve ever received other facial injections, you won’t notice a difference between them and Dysport cosmetic injections. Never had cosmetic injections before? Then there’s nothing to worry about! Here’s what you can expect:
- Treatment overview/consult: When you first arrive, you will have a conversation with your treatment provider about your goals and desired results for the Dysport lip injection or other treatment options.
- Treatment: Although treatment times may vary, the procedure itself generally takes 10 to 20 minutes. During this time, you would receive multiple tiny injections at each of the points needed to thoroughly relax the facial muscles.
- Immediately after treatment: You are good to enjoy Philadelphia, Pennsylvania again! Because our Dysport facial injections are made with an extremely fine needle, the majority of people do not show any immediate signs of injection (no bleeding, bruising, etc.) You may have little red areas around each injection site, but these usually dissipate in less than 30-minutes after treatment.
- Dysport results: You should notice the maximum effect of your treatment by three days afterward. If you are still experiencing unwanted movement after a week, no problem! Pop back in the office for a quick touch-up.
Once the desired results have been attained, your rejuvenated look should last at least 90-days following treatment.
Contact Us for Dysport Lip Injections and More in Philadelphia, PA
When it comes to performing cosmetic procedures, you won’t find better Dysport injection professionals anywhere else in Philadelphia. At About Face Skin Care, we’re committed to client safety. We also offer a full range of other procedures, including:
Have any questions about Dysport lip injections or our other treatment options? Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Check out Dysport “Before and After” Pictures Here!
* Please note that individual results may vary.