Win the battle against unwanted body-hair once and for all.
Due to increasing demand for this treatment, the technology continues to get better and better.
At About Face Skin Care in Philadelphia, there are numerous hair-removal devices on site to insure that you can receive the best, most effective, and safest treatment for your skin-type.
These devices allow for lightening-fast, 95% pain-free, extremely-effective hair removal.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is the process of utilizing carefully controlled light-energy to destroy targeted hair-follicles. Once treated, the hair-follicle will die and fall out, never to rear it’s ugly head again.
What body areas can be treated with Laser Hair Removal?
At About Face Skin Care, laser hair removal treatments can be done on (almost) any body part. The most popular areas include the following:
* Face Laser Hair Removal (CLICK HERE FOR FACE PRICING)
* Leg Laser Hair Removal (CLICK HERE FOR LEG PRICING)
* Forearm Laser Hair Removal (CLICK HERE FOR ARM PRICING)
* Bikini Laser Hair Removal (CLICK HERE FOR BIKINI PRICING)
* Under-Arm Laser Hair Removal (CLICK HERE FOR UNDERARM PRICING)
Men in particular are most interested in:
* Back of the Neck Laser Hair Removal
* Back Laser Hair Removal
* Beard Laser Hair Removal
* Shoulder Laser Hair Removal
* Chest Laser Hair Removal
Ok. Are there body areas you do NOT treat?
Although we do offer Brazilian treatments, there are other intimate areas that we do not treat. (Sorry.)
What skin colors can be treated?
We get this question ALL THE TIME. The devices allow for completely customized settings, so that no matter what color your skin is, palest pale, darkest dark, purple, blue or green, you can safely be treated. I repeat: All Skin Colors Can Safely Undergo Laser Hair Removal Treatments.
Which devices does About Face have for laser hair removal?
There are three different laser-devices for hair removal in our Philadelphia office.
Depending on your specifics, your treatment provider will select the device that will get you the best results in the quickest, safest manner.
How does Laser Hair Removal work?
The energy of the device is attracted to the pigment in your hair.
Any hair with color will absorb the laser-energy, and thereby kill the root of the hair. (Blonde, gray, and white hairs cannot be treated because they do not have enough pigmentation to appropriately attract and absorb the laser-energy.)
Your hair follicles that are in their active growth-phase will be killed, and never grow again. (Please note: Hair follicles not in the active growth-phase will not be affected by the laser treatment. In order to get maximum results, it is recommended to get a treatment every 6-weeks in order to treat each cycle of hair-growth.)
Are there any extra benefits to Laser Hair Removal, besides the obvious hair removal?
By removing unwanted hair, you also are preventing future in-grown hairs and acne break-outs. (Often times at the root of a clogged-pore is a trapped hair.) This ancillary benefit is especially helpful if your skin is prone to developing dark-spots as in-grown hairs or acne heals.
What does Laser Hair Removal feel like?
There are a variety of Laser Hair Removal devices, and each feels unique. The most popular option utilizes Cryogen, so your treatment will feel like short little zaps of cold air, accompanied by the smell of fried-hair. (This might be the only scenario where you’ll come to like that smell. Burned hair = dead hair.)
Who performs the Laser Hair Removal treatments at About Face Skin Care?
All of our laser hair-removal providers are licensed, trained, and experienced medical aestheticans and laser technicians. At the end of the day, our only goal is for YOU to be happy, and we would never let anyone perform a treatment that wasn’t extremely competent and capable of delivering safe and effective treatments for you.
How long do Laser Hair Removal treatments take?
The length of your treatment will vary depending on how much body-area needs to be covered, and how big your body is. (For example, a standard upper-lip can be as quick as 2-minutes, whereas the full-back of a 6’5″ man can take up to 45-minutes.)
We try to be cognizant of your time, and will do our best to make the process as quick as possible (while still being completely thorough, of course).
What is the advised time-span between my Laser Hair Removal session?
On average a person’s hair-cycle follows a 6-week pattern. In an ideal world, you should schedule each of your treatments 6-weeks apart from each other to make sure that each targeted hair-follicle is treated during it’s vulnerable growth-phase.
Are Laser Hair Removal results permanent?
Any hair that is treated will be dead and gone forever.
However, the body continues to generate new hairs throughout your life-span, so after you’ve achieved your desired results you may find that you need a touch-up treatment for maintenance purposes every year or so.
Laser Hair Removal Package Options
Because the best results are achieved when Laser Hair Removal treatments are performed in a series, we do offer package pricing.
* For a package of 4-sessions, you’ll receive 15% off the individual treatment price.
* For a package of 8-sessions, you’ll receive 20% off the individual treatment price.
All package sessions need to be for the same body area, and same person. Packages do not expire. Financing is available.
How quickly will I see results?
Results manifest differently for different people. After your treatment, the affected hair-follicles will continue to grow until they reach their peak, at which point they will simply fall out and never regrow.
Once the hairs fall out, it is possible to be left with little dark-remnants of the root’s sheath. Although these take a little longer to grow themselves out, do not worry — these too will eventually disappear.
What should I expect immediately after treatment?
Upon completion, your treated areas may be pink, feel warm, and have tiny little bumps. All of these are completely normal responses to laser hair removal, and should dissipate within an hour (at the most!).
I had a laser hair removal treatment, and there are still hairs. Did the treatment not work?
Laser hair-removal treatments can only affect hairs in their growth-phase. If you still see hair, it could be that not enough time has passed for the treated-hairs to grow themselves out and shed away, or it could be that the hairs you see were not in their active growth-phase at the time of your treatment and hence — were not treated.
You should not try to assess your results until you’ve undergone a few treatments, and given your body ample time to slough away the destroyed hair-follicles.
What should I do before treatment?
* Before a treatment, it is important to closely shave the area you’d like treated. This way, all of the laser energy is directed towards the hair beneath the skin.
* If you are taking an antibiotic, you may want to wait 2-weeks before having a laser treatment. (Certain medications can make you more susceptible to burning.)
* If your appointment is scheduled during your menstrual cycle, you may want to reschedule. (Although the treatments are comfortable, you are more sensitive and may feel discomfort more acutely than other times of the month.)
* Please tell us if you’ve used Accutane in the past 6-months! Although it’s a wonderful medication, it does not work well with any kind of laser treatment. It is advised to wait at least 6-months between the completion of your Accutane cycle and laser treatments.
What should I NOT do before treatment?
* Do NOT Pluck or Wax or use a Depilatory Cream the treatment area beforehand– the hair follicle cannot be permanently destroyed if it is not present.
* Do NOT get a spray-tan: Fake pigment on your skin will confuse the laser, it cannot tell the difference between spray-tan particles and hair-follicles.
* Do NOT get sun-burned. Laser hair removal treatments are harnessing heat and light energy, it is not safe to have a treatment on skin that is already burned.
* Do NOT be pregnant. There are no studies on this, but it’s not worth possibly harming your baby to undergo a laser hair removal treatment. If you are pregnant? Congrats! We’ll be here when the baby is born.
* Do NOT use Retinols on any area you’d like treated. Retinols sensitize your skin, and make you more susceptible to burns.
What should I do after treatment?
You are able to resume your regular activities immediately following treatment!
What should I NOT do after treatment?
DO NOT Pluck or Wax or use a Depilatory Cream on any hairs in the treated area! Your body can hold onto the laser’s energy for up to 72-hours, and if you pluck the hair before that time-period has passed, you’re minimizing the effectiveness of the treatment.
DO NOT expose yourself to extreme sun / tanning salons. We put a lot of heat into your body, please do not add any more for the next 5-7 days.
How many treatments are needed to permanently remove my unwanted hair?
The short-answer: Most people are able to achieve their desired results within 6-8 treatments.
Laser Hair Removal is an ongoing process that requires multiple sessions in order to destroy all hair follicles during their varying growth phases. In order to treat all hairs, laser hair removal treatments are preferably scheduled 6-weeks apart. The time between treatments varies per individual, and depends on the body area being treated, skin type, skin color, and responsiveness of the hair.
What should I expect during the course of my Laser Hair Removal treatments?
During the course of your Laser Hair Removal treatments you should notice a gradual lessening in the quantity of hair growth within the treated areas. (If you do not notice this, please let your treatment provider know! It is possible your treatment settings need adjustment.)
Along with this, you will also experience a decrease in the frequency with which unwanted hair needs to be removed, in addition to a reduction of in-grown hairs and razor burn.
Please feel free to give us a call at 215-923-5001, or you can schedule online here.
* Please note that individual results may vary.