Babies, a growth spurt, or extreme weight loss?
While these are all natural (good) parts of life, they can sometimes leave undesirable, tell-tale traces on your body in the form of stretch-marks…
Fortunately, your body doesn’t need to indefinitely betray your past life events, and you can erase stretch-marks off your body with Fraxel laser treatments. Any part of the body can be treated, with minimal downtime.
Before stretch-mark treatment however, you should consider the following:
- Stop all active tanning, either from the sunshine or tanning booth, at least two weeks prior to treatment. (There are no restrictions on the use of self-tanning products.)
- Do not have any laser or other light-based treatments until your series of Fraxel? Laser Treatments is complete, unless approved by your our office.
- You may be recommended a Retinol and bleaching regimen to use for 4 weeks prior to your Fraxel Stretch Mark treatment. This will help reduce/prevent Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. (You should stop the regimen 2 days prior to treatment.)
- Plan to use gentle, non-irritating and non-comedogenic skin care products for the first week after treatment.
- If you plan on taking an oral medication for pain or anxiety during treatment, you will need someone to drive you home.
- If you have a history of cold sores please advise us; you will need to take preventative medication!