“Coolsculpt” body-contouring treatments have been around for years, and with their mighty advertising-budget it is likely you have heard the treatment name. However, do not be fooled by the elephant in the room: just because the treatment may have the greatest visibility at the moment, it does not mean it is the greatest treatment…
When it came time for us to add a new body-contouring device to our arsenal, in true skin-nerd fashion we did all of our due diligence. We reviewed all of the device options. We studied the literature, we questioned our colleagues and we test-drove the options. After a few months of research we confidently and happily added Sculpsure to our treatment offerings.
As far as we are concerned, Sculpsure is the hands-down, best choice for body-contouring treatments:
- Both CoolSculpt and Sculpsure deliver comparable results, at about 20-25% permanent fat reduction.
- Coolsculpting has the significant suction-component to draw the fat into the handpiece. Due to this, it has much greater risk of complications with most patients experiencing pain, swelling, bruising, numbness, and often times nodularity afterwards. (SculpSure does not have any suction components to it, and our patients tolerate treatment very easily.)
- Sculpsure has 4-separate hand-pieces available (per treatment) so that every unique body in front of us can have a completely customized treatment. (Depending on the person and their desired results, it can even be possible to treat multiple areas at the same time. CoolSculpt can only treat one area at a time.)
- Because Sculpsure treatments are so quick, they are easier for people to fit into their schedules. Instead of the multiple hours CoolSculpt can take, a complete Sculpsure treatment is just 25-minutes.
- Sculpsure provides the added benefit of skin-tightening that occurs with each session. Due to the collagen stimulation that happens during treatment, in addition to fat reduction — the treated areas will look smoother and more supple.
In the beauty world, the technology changes fast and continues to get more elegant and sophisticated. At the moment we are confident that Sculpsure has bypassed Coolsculpt in the body-contouring realm, and we are thrilled to have this treatment option to offer our patients.